University of Cape Town UCT Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Cape Town UCT Faculty of Health Sciences – see details below:
To be a center of excellence in health sciences that is locally relevant and globally competitive.
The Faculty’s mission is to:
- Respond to the health care needs of South Africa and beyond.
- Educate health professionals, educators and scientist for life.
- Undertake research that is relevant to the needs of our country and beyond.
- Promote health equity through promoting health professional standards in the delivery of quality health care.
- To be socially responsive to the needs of the people of our country and beyond.
- To develop interventions to reduce the risk of ill health, disability and mortality.
Our shared ideals / beliefs – our ethical and moral compass:
- Respect for human rights and human dignity
- Intellectual rigor
- Excellence and innovation
- Commitment to high standards