Port Elizabeth TVET College Campuses
The Russell Road Campus which is a historic building is situated in the Central Business area of Port Elizabeth. The site provides learners with spacious lecture rooms, a fully equipped resources centre, simulated centres for practical experience and cafeteria. The well-equipped Hospitality venue at this site is optimally utilized by the learners as well as outside companies.
The hairdressing Salon falls nothing short of a professional hair studio that provides the community and the general public with a service rendered by the students as part of their practical training.
Computer labs are well equipped with one computer per learner in a group. Offices and boardrooms for meetings complete this venue. This campus is situated to the advantage of the working class who wishes to further their education at night and that is why throughout the year a hustle and bustle of students are evident at this site. Strict security measures are in place to protect all patrons of the institution. In total 1641 students enrolled for 2013 full time, part time 321 students, 82 educators, 23 support staff and 14 general workers.
Full time NCV programmes offered at Russell Road Campus:
- National Certificate Marketing
- National Certificate Information Technology and Computer Science
- National Certificate Finance, Economics and Accounting
Skills Programmes and Short Courses offered at Russell Road Campus:
- National Certificate Bookkeeping NQF 3
- Further Education & Training Certificate NQF 4
- National Certificate small business Management NQF 4
- Pastel Payroll Certified Installer (PCI)
- Pastel Partner 11 intermediate NQF 4 (skills)
- Certificate: Office Administration NQF 5
- Higher Certificate in Marketing NQF 5
- Higher Certificate in Export Management NQF 5
- Certificate in Business Management (Principles) NQF 5
- Diploma in Business management (Practice) NQF 5
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting NQF 5
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF 6
- Diploma: Office Administration NQF 6
- National Certificate Hairdressing NQF 2, 3, 4
The Dower Campus is situated in the Northern areas on the borders of Salt lake and West End, former teachers training college and later occupied by the Bethelsdorp Technical College before merging with two other colleges namely Russell Road and Iqhayiya colleges in PE metropole. Dower Campus is the only site with a hostel facility that accommodates students and a minority of staff from all over the country.
This site boast with a lush green surrounding conducive to teaching and learning. One of the attractions is the obstacle course specially laid out and designed for the Safety in Society programme. A tall tower at the entrance synonymous with the building, serves as a landmark in the demographic area where it is situated. Apart from that the site has a large community hall for student events and functions which serves the community, student dining hall, spacious cafeteria, resources centre, administration block auditorium and ample lecture rooms. Computer labs are fully equipped with one workstation per learner in a group. In total 51 Educators, 14 support staff and 7 general workers make up the staff compliment of Dower Campus. Full time enrolled students 1138 while the Report 191 (Nated) calculates 645 students. The campus is also easily accessible by public transport. The entire premises are surrounded by a fence and there is onsite parking for a number of vehicles.
The programmes offered at this campus are:
National Certificate Vocational (NCV)
1.National Certificate Safety in Society
2.National Certificate Management
3.National Certificate Office Administration
Post Matric Part-Time
National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (Nated)
- Business management N4-N6
- Human Resources Management N4- N6
- Management Assistant N4 – N6
- Public Management N4 – N6
Port Elizabeth TVET College Struandale Campus – See Details Below:
The Struandale campus is situated in the midst of the engineering industry in Struandale. Surrounded by a humble community this site stands out as a beacon of hope to eradicate extreme poverty and hunger by empowering learners with a skill to alleviate unemployment.
Struandale has high tech workshops, fully equipped with the relevant machinery and equipment necessary for engineering. A very impressive move by Management was to renovate an adjacent dilapidated school into a state of the art building to be utilized for engineering. The building which saw its transformation over a period of time has reached its completion to host more programmes and accommodate more students. Apart from the many workshops the campus has a fully operational resources centre, spacious lecture rooms, ample administration capacity and cafeteria. Learners have the advantage to relax in a green environment under thatch roof lapas during their breaks and off times. The occupational school accommodates learners throughout the year as this campus offers trimester and year programmes.
Programmes offered at this site is NCV Full -Time
- National Certificate Engineering and Related Design
- National Certificate Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- National Certificate Civil engineering and Building Construction
- National Certificate Mechatronics
- Basic Hand Skills
- Electronics Practical 1 & 2
- Welding Practical Arc & Gas
- Electrical Practical Basic
- Electrical Practical Motor and Starter
- Electrical Practical House Wiring
- Pneumatics Practical 1 & 2
- Basic Programmable Logic Controllers- Siemens Logo & S7200
- CNC Lathe
- Motor know-your-car
- Basic Bricklaying
N1 – N6 National Certificates
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
Second Chance Matric
Learners wanting to improve their matric results can enrol for any of the twelve Grade 12 national Senior Certificate subjects. The campus is also easily accessible by public transport. The entire premises are surrounded by a fence and there is onsite parking for a number of vehicles.
Port Elizabeth TVET College Victoria Site – See Details Below:
This site, a historical building boasts a fully operational travelling agency, bed and breakfast as well as a restaurant and deli. Tourism learners attend lectures at this site which sport an intimate boardroom for smaller events. This campus is only for Hospitality and Tourism courses, and these courses are not offered at any of our other campuses.
Please come and join as the Victoria Tea House and Deli we are open to the public.