North West University NWU International student Application 2023-2024
North West University NWU International Student Application
North-West University NWU International Student Application Download – see details below to download the application form to apply …
- All international students must pay the full amount for their proposed study and relevant costs in advance before registration can be finalised.
- Upon receipt of all the relevant documents, your application will be evaluated by the relevant faculty. Please note that it can take up to six months to process an application, however, postgraduate registrations are accepted up to the end of March of each year. The academic year at North-West University runs from January to December.
- All prospective international students must report to the International Office of the North-West University upon arrival on campus for assistance regarding study permits and accommodation. Please submit the following when reporting to the International Office:
- A sworn statement or bank guarantee must be submitted to ensure that you have access to the necessary finances that will enable you to undertake your studies and to cover your living expenses for the full duration of your studies;
- Proof of medical cover for the duration of your studies at North-West University. The International Office will provide assistance if needed.
- Further guidelines
- Download and complete the application form and submit to:
- You can also apply online
- The following supporting documents should accompany your application form:
- A certified copy of your passport
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts, including final results of all qualifications obtained.
- Certified copies of all certificates/diplomas/degrees (An evaluation certificate as issued by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) must be submitted if your previous qualification was obtained in a foreign country. The evaluation certificate may be obtained by visiting the SAQA website www.saqa.org.za.)
- A certificate of conduct, as issued by the registrar of the university/college/technikon where you were (or are currently) registered.
- A certificate of proof of English proficiency:
- Prospective students from non-English speaking countries must submit a certificate of English language proficiency, either the TOEFL score sheet or results of the University of Cambridge International English Language Testing System. Students who completed their studies through an English-medium institution prior to submitting their application may apply in writing for exemption from the TOEFL test. Find the TOEFL test here: http://www.ets.org.toefl/.
- Proof of payment of the application fee (non-refundable) of R550 for international students
- Bank details:
- Account name: NWU Online Registrations
- Bank: ABSA
- Account number: 4091691369
- Branch code: 632-005
- Reference number:
- NWU student number/university number OR
- H + ID number if the applicant is a South African citizen e.g. H8401235057089 OR
- H + date of birth and surname if the applicant is not a South African citizen e.g. H840123Jacobs