Flavius Mareka TVET College NSFAS 2022 – 2023
Flavius Mareka TVET College NSFAS 2022 – 2023 – See Details Below:
- The NSFAS bursaries are available but they are not guaranteed – even to students who are deemed financially needy through the Means Test.
- Should a student choose not to apply for a bursary, such student will be liable for full payment of his/her studies.
- Returning students who were funded by NSFAS in the previous year need not re-apply for NSFAS, as the NSFAS will automatically continue to fund if you have made academic progress to the next level of their programme.
- The lists of provisionally funded students are sent regularly to the college by NSFAS to allow students to be advanced with allowances therefore attendance and retention is maintained.
- It is encouraged that students that at all times they must attend their classes as travel and accommodation allowance to a beneficiary who fails to meet the minimum 80% class attendance requirement for a particular month in accordance with the DHET TVET Students Attendance and Punctuality Policy 2013 will not be disbursed.
- The NSFAS 2018 Rules and Guidelines administration document is available at the Student Support Services Office and SRC office.
Code of conduct:
- Students who enrol in the college are recognized as responsible adults who are willing and ready to abide by the college set rules and regulations.
- The college strongly supports the constitutional rights of the students, however, it also acknowledges their individual and collective responsibilities to maintain an orderly atmosphere of teaching and learning.
- The college is aware of how proud the students are about their campuses and would not want to see them damaged and the college is appreciative of that and urge the students to continue protecting such a legacy!
- For security purposes, unauthorized visitors are discouraged. Continue to keep your eyes and ears open and report to security or any office staff member in the college any suspicious activity happening on your beautiful campus.
2.2.2 On-course Support
On-course support is to support students as they undertake their programme studies. It requires mainly academic support, access to personal tutors, life skills, language, maths and maths literacy support, advice on health, practical assistance and opportunities for leadership (SRC), sport and cultural development, Counselling, & etc.
- The College has noticed a good trend of buddy groups of study mates in the campuses, with the support of campus staff members and it is really encouraged that students continue with such groups and encourage those who have not joined to do so. Though there is no research that has been done we have seen a general improvement in results across all the programmes.
- Over and above other measures such as Lectures arranging extra lessons, Guest Lectures and winter lessons the college has a computerized learner support system which is available in the resource centre and or other computer rooms especially for Mathematic literacy, Mathematics and English. Do play your part!
The College has Resources Centres on all campuses along with our expert staff that will help you to study and achieve your very best.
- The College assigned the personal Counselling for the students to the well-trained Counsellors that are based at all campuses
- The Counsellors are tasked with personal counselling and are mainly responsible for referring services related to the health and welfare of the students including addressing issues that are particularly impacting upon vulnerable groups such as single-headed households, women and people living with HIV/AIDS, and many others.
2.2.3 Exit Support
- This involves the provision of information and guidance on higher education and further training opportunities; the identification of opportunities for job placements; entrepreneurial skills development opportunities and the introduction
- The College has a Unit that is called Placement that is solely looking at assisting the students with Work Integrated Learning opportunities and Entrepreneurship opportunities.
- There are also SMMEs at all campuses that are the to equip students with entrepreneurial and management responsibilities in small businesses; and how to manage the operations of the business ethically, efficiently and effectively
- Student Support Services Office also assist exiting/exited students with job requirements, preparation and/or updating a CV, writing letters of application and preparing for the job interview, intending to study further and starting own business.
- Flavius Mareka TVET College NSFAS Application 2023-2024
- Flavius Mareka TVET College NSFAS Registration
- Flavius Mareka TVET College Registration 2022–2023
- Flavius Mareka TVET College Prospectus 2022 – 2023
- Flavius Mareka TVET College Application 2022 – 2023 – How to…
- Flavius Mareka TVET College Application Status 2022–2023