|Merit bursaries are awarded to students who have excelled in their field of study in the previous year / semester / trimester at EWC.Indigent bursaries are awarded to enrolled students of EWC who are in financial need.
- A nominated staff member and the Student Support Officer evaluate all the applications of students requesting financial support to further their studies.
- All names of qualifying students are put to Campus Management for final approval via the Student Support Officer.
- Requirements for application for indigent bursaries are available from the Student Support Officer per Campus.
DHET FET Colleges Bursary Scheme
DHET FET bursaries will be available for students who enrolled for NC (V) Levels 2, 3 and 4 in 2013 and Report 191 Courses in 2014. The following students are eligible to apply:
- Only South African citizens.
- Students wishing to enrol for Report 191 Nated Courses and NC(V) programmes.
- Students who need financial assistance.
- Students who excel academically.
- NC(V) Levels 2/3 students who were awarded bursaries in 2014 and will be promoted to Levels 3/4 in 2015.
- Students who were awarded bursaries for NC(V) Levels 2/3 in 2014 but will not be promoted to Levels 3/4 in 2015, will not be eligible for bursaries in 2015.
To be considered for a bursary award, the following documents must accompany the bursary application form that the College will provide:
- Three certified copies of the student’s ID.
- Two certified copies of the parent’s / guardian’s certified ID.
- The latest original or certified copies of the parent’s / guardian’s pay slips.
- Sworn affidavits from parents / guardians in the event that they are unemployed.
- Proof of death in the event that parents / guardians are deceased.
- Proof of residential address.
DHET Bursaies Are Not Guaranteed
There are procedures in place for the administration and awarding of these bursaries. A Financial Aid Committee has been appointed to review and make recommendations on applications received.