Details on College of Cape Town for TVET Application 2023–2024
APPLICATION FORM FOR STUDYING AT COLLEGE OF CAPE TOWN (FOR SOUTH AFRICAN CITIZENS)
Download here Student Application Form (South African Citizens)
APPLICATION FORM FOR STUDYING AT COLLEGE OF CAPE TOWN (FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS)
Please note that foreign students must submit their complete application forms and supporting documents to us AT LEAST 3 MONTHS before registration dates, to allow for the following:
- Processing of applications
- Postal services send confirmation letters to their postal addresses
- Study visa application processes.
Postal services can often take up to 4 weeks, depending on the country, and visa applications could take up to 6 weeks in some countries.
Download here Student Application Form (Foreign Citizen)
DO YOU REQUIRE SPACE IN THE STUDENT RESIDENCE?
Download the application form here Residence Application Form
DHET TVET COLLEGES BURSARY SCHEME APPLICATIONS
Please contact the Bursary Office at any of our campuses for details on applying for the DHET TVET Colleges Bursary Scheme.
IMPORTANT: All students must apply for admission first. If you are successful you will be invited to register. You become a student of the College of Cape Town only once we have issued an official proof of registration printout.
HOW TO APPLY IF YOU ARE A STUDENT TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER TVET COLLEGE
You will follow the procedure set out below for new students in points 1-9. You will need the original Statement of Results/Academic Record and a letter of good conduct from the TVET College. These documents will be returned to you. If you wish to apply for subject credits, you should do so during Registration.
HOW TO APPLY IF YOU ARE A STUDENT ALREADY REGISTERED WITH THE COLLEGE OF CAPE TOWN AND CONTINUING YOUR STUDIES
- Obtain your Statement of Results at the campus.
- Consult with academic staff on your direction of study. Then complete the same process as the new students in points 2 – 9 to allow your application to be captured for the new academic year.
HOW TO APPLY IF YOU ARE A STUDENT ENROLLING AT THE COLLEGE OF CAPE TOWN FOR THE FIRST TIME
This process applies to South African citizens, foreigners with permanent residence or persons with officially recognised refugee status. International students follow a different process. (Please see the relevant section for details).
- Select the course you want to study. To confirm your best direction of study you are able to contact our Info Centre at tel. 0860 010 3682 or via email email@example.com for guidance and information taking into account your interests and current qualifications. You can also make an appointment with one of the Student Support Officers at any of our campuses for a free career assessment.
- You need to complete the application form available from our website here or from a campus near you.
- Complete the application form in full and attach all documents as requested in the form. Please remember that all information supplied must be correct, truthful and verifiable.
- Return the application form to the address indicated on the front of the form, or fax it to the number indicated on the form or to the relevant campus where the course you are applying for is offered. You can also deliver it to the relevant campus in person.
- The College of Cape Town will send an SMS notification to your mobile phone number acknowledging receipt of your application.
- You will be contacted about the further steps you will need to take. This could include interviews, tests and assessments related to your field of study.
- You will be informed about the College’s decision. If successful, you will be required to pay fees. OR
- In order to register you must complete your bursary application or sign a financial agreement with the College.
- You will be invited to register on dates as set out in your letter of admission from the campus where you have applied. Complete the final stage of registration on the assigned date. Ensure that you bring all the required documentation, including your original ID book or passport and originals of qualification results to registration day. A copy of your refugee status is also required if applicable.
Should you wish to enquire about the status of your application at any time, please contact the relevant Campus Coordinator and/or Programme Manager at the campus at which you applied to study as set out below.
HOW TO APPLY IF YOU ARE AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ENROLLING FOR THE FIRST TIME
- All applicants who did not obtain their qualifications in South Africa must submit all their qualifications to the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) for evaluation. The College requires you to submit a certificate issued by SAQA stating the NQF level of your qualifications with your application form. Please visit the SAQA website at www.saqa.org.za for more information about the process.
- Evaluation of Foreign Qualifications Call Centre:Tel: +27 12 431 5070Helpdesk: +27 86 010 3188
Switchboard: +27 12 431 5000
Fax: +27 12 431 5039
- Complete the application process as outlined in points 1-4. Please ensure you fill in the International Student application form.
- If you are successful, the College of Cape Town will send a letter of acceptance to your home address in your country of residence.
- You need to apply for a valid study permit from the South African consulate responsible for your country. They require that you provide proof of comprehensive medical insurance valid in South Africa (Hospital Plan or Life Insurance only will not be accepted).
- Once you are in possession of a study permit and any necessary visa complete the registration form and submit it with proof of payment to the College. Certified copies of documents should be posted to us well in advance of your arrival.
- Complete the final stage of registration on the assigned date at the campus you will be studying at.
CAMPUS CONTACT LIST
|CAMPUS||CONTACT PERSON||LEARNING FIELDS / PROGRAMMES OFFERED|
c/o Protea & Eland Street, AthloneTel: +27 21 637 9183
Fax: +27 21 638 3255
Mrs Melody KahnEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +27 21 637 9183
|Motor MechanicsAuto ElectricianNC(V) Engineering and Related Design
Programme Manager: Mr Yagya Abrahams (Acting)
Education & Training (Learnerships)
Programme Manager: Mrs Wilma de Villiers
c/o Longmarket & Buitenkant Street, Cape TownTel: +27 21 462 2053Fax: +27 21 461 1608
Mrs Dalene Potgieter
Email: email@example.comTel: +27 21 464 3816
|Art & DesignJewellery Manufacturing
Programme Manager: Mrs Elaine Oosthuizen
Tel: +27 21 464 3869Business Management N4-N6
Management Assistant N4-N6
Financial Management N4-N6
NC(V) Transport and LogisticsProgramme Manager Business Studies: Mrs Lodene Groenewald
Tel: +27 21 464 3874
Programme Manager Business Studies NC(V): Mr Nathaniel Masiza
Programme Manager: Mrs Marsha Solomon (Acting)
Travel & Tourism
Programme Manager: Mrs Melanie Anthony
Kromboom Road, CrawfordTel: +27 21 696 5133Fax: +27 21 696 5136
Ms Ursula CupidoEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +27 21 696 5133
|Information Technology, CISCO Academy, Microsoft AcademyNC(V) IT & Computer ScienceCPUT Higher Certificate in IT Management
Tel: +27 21 696 5133
Business Management N4-N6
Programme Manager Business Studies: Ms Zuinab Abrahams
Programme Manager: Mrs Raeefa Gamieldien
NC(V) Education & Development
Programme Manager NC(V): Mr Fred Koopman
Breda Street, GardensTel: +27 21 461 9418Fax: +27 21 464 3857
|Campus Coordinator: Mr Reagan JacobsEmail: email@example.comTel: +27 21 461 9418||Education & TrainingEarly Childhood Development (ECD)UNISA B.Ed Degree (Foundation Phase)
Programme Manager: Mrs Liedjie Bosman
c/o Steve Biko Drive & Ngambu Street, GuguletuTel: +27 21 638 3131Fax: +27 21 637 0344
Ms Malinda WilkenEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +27 21 638 3131
|Electrical Engineering N1 – N3Programme Manager: Mrs Daria Duncan
Tel: +27 21 531 2105/6/7NC(V) Management
NC(V) Office Administration
Business Management N4-N6Programme Manager (Business Studies Part-Time): Mr Albin Bowler
Tel: +27 21 696 5133
Programme Manager: Mrs Elaine Oosthuizen
Jan Smuts Drive, PinelandsTel: +27 21 531 2105/6/7Fax: +27 21 531 0361
Mr Melt de KockEmail: email@example.comTel: +27 21 531 2105/6/7
|NC(V) Electrical Infrastructure and ConstructionElectrical Engineering N4-N6
Programme Manager: Mr Jan Kriel
Tel: +27 21 531 2105/6/7
c/o Cedar & Poplar Road, ThorntonTel: +27 21 531 9124
Fax: +27 21 531 9150
Ms Gadija MustaphaEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTel: +27 21 531 9124
|NC(V) Engineering & Related DesignProgramme Manager: Mr Brian George
Tel: +27 21 531 9124NC(V) Civil Engineering
Building & Civil Engineering N4-N6
Drawing Office Practice N4–N5Programme Manager: Mr James Abrahams
Tel: +27 21 531 9124
Broad Road, WynbergTel: +27 21 797 5540Fax: +27 21 797 6682
Mrs Michelle ShiresEmail: email@example.comTel: +27 21 797 5540
|Beauty TherapyHair Care
Programme Manager (Acting): Mrs Surita Blaauw
Tel: +27 21 797 5540Travel & Tourism
NC(V) Travel and TourismProgramme Manager: Mrs Melanie Anthony
Tel: +27 21 464 3855