Christ Baptist Church Seminary-About us
The seminary is also affiliated to The Master’s Academy International (TMAI), a non-profit organization providing educational and related resources to a network of biblically-sound training ministries globally.
From its inception in 1997, the seminary has so far trained men from 16 African countries, the US, and Germany.
More than a provider of sound theological education, the seminary’s primary focus is to equip pastors in Africa for effective ministry in their local churches.
WHY CHRIST SEMINARY
The seminary trains men from various recognized Christian denominations. We especially seek to train pastors recognized by their local church as those called into ministry.
In order to realize our vision, we believe our obligation is to:
- Equip our students for a lifetime of continual learning and growth in biblical-theological knowledge and skills, and understanding and practical application of the word of God
- Foster a culture of student accountability and responsibility for the learning process within the context of the seminary, local church and community
- Provide relevant and meaningful student support through instruction, encouragement and counselling by instructors, tutors, mentors and ministry leaders
- Facilitate the career development of the church and other Christian workers by providing higher education programmes that are academically acceptable to the Christian community and relevant to ministry requirements
- Undertake research to advance knowledge in the fields of Christian theology and ministry
Christ Seminary is registered with the Department of Education as a private higher education institution in terms of section 54(1)(c) of the Higher Education Act, 1997 (Act No 101 of 1997), and Regulation 16(4)(a) of the Regulations for the Registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002, to offer its approved programmes at its campus on 375 Marshall Street, Polokwane, 0700.
The registration certificate no. of the seminary is 2008/HE08/001.
The seminary is registered to offer a Diploma in Theology (360 credits), and a Bachelor of Theology (360 credits). These programmes have been approved by the Registrar in terms of section 53(1)(b) of the Higher Education Act and Regulation 22(c) of the Regulation for the Registration of Private Higher Education Institutions, 2002.
This confirms that qualifications attained at Christ Seminary are fully accredited and internationally acceptable.
Several of our graduates have continued to successfully pursue postgraduate studies both locally and abroad.
The seminary is affiliated with The Master’s Academy International (TMAI) (www.tmai.org), a non-profit organization consisting of a network of almost 20 international training centres around the world. These institutions provide biblical training to current and future pastors, church planters, missionaries, and evangelists.