University of the Free State UFS International Online Application 2023-2024
University of the Free State International Online Application – Apply Now:
The UFS uses a conversion table to help us consider all applications equally. If you are an international and/or home-schooled prospective student, use the conversion table in the Prospectus 2023 below to calculate your AP (admission point). The table applies to all examination authorities/bodies in South Africa, as well as internationally.
For more information, visit MB.usaf.ac.za
Before you proceed to the application, click on the links below for information:
- A non-refundable annual administrative fee is charged on all international student accounts.
- The closing date for international students’ applications for undergraduate studies is 31 August.
- You must have a VALID study visa before you can enter South Africa.
- Make sure your study visa is issued for study purposes at the UFS, and not at any other institution in South Africa. You must have a valid and appropriate/correct visa to be registered at the UFS.
- You must be a member of a medical aid registered in terms of the Medical Schemes Act 1998 of South Africa, as required by the South African Immigration Act. It is important that your medical aid cover MUST be valid for the duration of your studies at the UFS. No travel insurance, hospital plans or foreign medical aids will be accepted. For more information on registered medical aids, visit https://www.medicalschemes.com/MedicalSchemes.aspx.
- First payment is required before you can register as a UFS student. The Department of Student Finance will communicate the amount and payment deadline to you. For more information, visit tuition fees
- If you have a scholarship, inform your sponsor of the UFS regulations on registration fees and tuition-fee payments before you register.
If you need more information, contact the relevant person:
Immigration, Accreditation, Medical Aid, Finances, and Student Administration: Jeanne Niemann: +27 51 401 3219 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming exchange students, internationalisation@home coordinator: Bulelwa Malo: +27 51 401 9436 | email@example.com
International Office, Qwaqwa Campus: Kanego Mokgosi: +27 58 718 5115 | firstname.lastname@example.org