UJ College of Business and Economics-About us
ABOUT THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS (CBE)
Welcome to the College of Business and Economics
The College of Business and Economics, in short, the CBE, is the largest faculty in the University of Johannesburg. The CBE houses six schools, twelve departments, six centres, one institute, one research lab and three SARChI Chairs. The CBE qualifications range from diplomas to postgraduate diplomas as well undergraduate degrees to postgraduate degrees. Our continuous education programmes include short learning programmes, bridging programmes and the whole programmes.
- We develop critical thinkers and problem solvers that address business, economic and societal challenges.
- The CBE has evolved into a preferred commerce education provider who, within three years, has achieved global recognition for:
- Tourism & Hospitality: First in Africa (2019) / (2020), Eighteenth globally (2019)
- Marketing Management: First in Africa (2019)
- Organisational Psychology: First in South Africa (2019)
- Business & Management Studies: Third in Africa (2019)
- Economics & Econometrics: Fourth in Africa (2019)
- Accounting & Finance: Fourth in Africa (2019)
- 2021 results Times Higher education QS rankings
Purpose statement and goals
To develop critical thinkers and problem solvers who address business, economics and societal challenges
This means that we seek ways to use technology to be better informed, to be healthier, to be safer, to behave better, to connect faster and to learn and educate more people than ever before. In so doing we ensure that the “Black Box” will not appear as mysterious as first feared.
• To streamline teaching and learning excellence and improve student success.
• To increase people excellence through attracting, developing and promoting the right talents and people wellbeing.
• To increase research excellence in output, impact and NRF rated researchers.
• To achieve financial sustainability.
• To increase and improve sustainable relations, collaborations and partnerships.