UFS School of Nursing Undergraduate Application
UFS School of Nursing Undergraduate Application – Apply Now:
- The selection process of the various schools in the Faculty of Health Sciences will take place as below.
- For admission requirements and full details of the selection procedure and dates, please download our faculty booklet.
- Only a limited number of candidates are admitted to the first year of study.
- No late applications will be considered.
- Due to the demand in the nursing profession and limited practical training facilities, prospective students for the BSocSc Nursing degree are subjected to selection.
- All prospective students for the above field of study must write the NBT (National Benchmark Tests). Results of this test will serve as additional guide for selection.
- Please refer to the faculty booklet for this year’s closing date.
Method of selection
- Selection takes place according to the Selection Policy of the School of Nursing.
- Final selection will only take place in January after the final Grade 12 results are obtained.
Application for Admission
- A prospective student must submit his/her completed application for admission form to the university, together with the required forms (selection form, medical report, health questionnaire) and photographs to:
The Programme Director: Undergraduate Programme,
School of Nursing,
Faculty of Health Sciences,
PO Box 339,
For enquiries, please contact
T: +27 51 401 2965/2361
F: +27 51 401 3399
E: Mrs June Klopper
The general regulations of the university, revised where necessary, are applicable to this faculty. Refer to the university’s policy documents. It is the sole responsibility of the student to familiarise him/herself with the general/faculty regulations. A number of regulations apply to the various degrees and options. UFS School of Nursing Undergraduate Application
Three sets of regulations are applicable:
A. General Regulations of the UniversityThese are applicable to all faculties and consequently also to the qualifications and programmes of this school. Unless otherwise specified, the general regulation regarding Baccalaureus degrees applies to the degrees set forth below.
The general regulations are available in Part I of the University Rule Book, available at the UFS SASOL Library, and deal with important issues such as the following:
- Admission to the university, degree and diploma studies, and occasional study (separate courses).
- Registration as a student, course adjustments, simultaneous registration, course compilation, duration of study, prerequisites, acknowledgement of courses passed at another institution.
- Degrees with honours, re-admission and preventing students from continuing, re-assessment, special assessment, examination hall rules, misreading of examination timetable, results and mark sheets.
The assessment and other regulations applicable to you are summarised in the regulations below.
B. Faculty RegulationsThese are specifically applicable to degrees and programmes offered in the different schools.
C. Regulations regarding the profession