Stenden University South Africa Tuition Fees 2023-2024
As Stenden South Africa is a private provider, all operations are funded by student fees. As such we practice a strict policy with regard to student payments. The academic and other fees must be paid in their entirety before the start of any module. Foreign students are required to pay for the entire year in advance.
The standard payment schedule for studying at SSA is as follows for the three possible scenarios:
Bachelor of Commerce Hospitality Management
South African applicant’s minimum admission requirements
Students who have completed their schooling through the South African schooling system must have qualified for the National Senior Certificate and have met the minimum requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree as gazetted for admission to higher education in South Africa. In order to obtain admission to Stenden South Africa Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality Management, a student must have met the above minimum requirements, together with English passed with at least 50%.
Other certificates / other situations
- Senior certificate (Grade 12) with at least a D pass in English and at least 2 years of relevant industry experience;
- Senior Certificate (Grade 12) with at least a D pass in English and one successful tertiary academic year in a related field. The programme must be registered with SAQA bearing at least 120 credits on NQF level 5.
In exceptional cases, mature applicants who do not satisfy the requirements detailed above may be admitted if there is evidence that they possess the intellectual and technical abilities to complete the programme successfully. For this purpose, a mature applicant shall be defined as one aged 23 or more. Stenden South Africa will require that the candidate should write an entrance test in this case. A National Senior Certificate is a requirement.
Since English is the language of instruction, further criteria for this language apply. These are distinguished for South African applicants and non-South African applicants.
Non-South African English
Applicants that have not completed undergraduate education in South Africa need to comply with one of the following conditions:
- An academic IELTS test with a Band score of 6.0 and no sub scores under 5; visit the IELTS website for more information.
- A TOEFL test of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based). The TOEFL is only accepted when the IELTS test is not offered in the applicant’s country of residence.
- Applicants who are native speakers of English or who have successfully undertaken secondary or post-secondary courses (for a minimum of two years) where English was the language of instruction are not required to submit an IELTS or TOEFL test score.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Stenden South Africa recognises prior education or working experience. Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is governed by the Stenden South Africa RPL Policy. Several principles are leading in this policy:
- The process of RPL is separated from the process of application;
- RPL is governed by criteria set by the Higher Education Quality Committee (HEQC);
- RPL is subject to proof that can be recognised and documented; and
- Prior learning can only be recognised by the Exam Committee and each case is treated individually.
Tel: 046 604 2200
Fax: 0866 044284
Postal Address: P.O. Box 2821 – Port Alfred 6170