Port Rex Technical High School Hostel
Port Rex Technical High School accommodation
ABOUT THE FRANK COWIE HOUSE HOSTEL
Frank Cowie House is a boarding facility for boys which provides convenient accommodation to learners who live out of East London and further afield. Hostel life is a most worthwhile experience as there is much to learn from people of diverse backgrounds.
The hostel can be a challenge for Grade 8’s who have never been away from home. By the time they get to Grade 12, they are independent and well able-to cope with the challenges of life after school. The camaraderie of the learners in the hostel can be gauged at Old Port Rexian functions where our ex-boarders reminisce on their life and time in the hostel.
FRANK COWIE HOUSE ENVISAGES TO:
- Provide a homely environment for the border;
- Provide a framework of rules which enables co-existence without infringing on the privacy of others;
- Develop among boarders respect for the school and hostel;
- Building of relationships among learners;
- Ensure that learners have the confidence to express their concerns to the responsible people in authority;
- Ensure that every learner feels that he is an important member of the hostel and school.
- Parents entrust their children to this hostel and we will strive to guarantee the boys’ happiness and safety as far as possible.
- Integration, initiation or bullying is not part of the school or hostel policy. Anyone that does not adhere to this cannot be part of the school or hostel.
- No one may physically abuse anyone else.
Our borders are expected to enjoy themselves in an environment where they have a caring hostel staff and a body that ensure that their welfare is catered for. However, boarders must realise that just as in any family, there has to be a set of ground rules by which they must abide.