Afda 2023 Fees
The Management of The School for the Creative Economy (AFDA ) has released the fee structure for the 2023/2024 Regular And Distant Students. Fees vary based on the programme You are Undertaking. The school fees for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students are quite similar. Continue Reading For the Approved Fees for the 2023/2024 Regular And Distant Students
How much are the fees at AFDA?
School Fees at AFDA Vary depending on the course on Offer. Below are the Fees For AFDA 2023 Courses ;
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The full registration fee is due upfront in order to secure your place in the BA or BA HONOURS programme at AFDA. This amount is included in the total annual fee and is relevant for ﬁrst time enrolling students only. This fee is not refundable.
- It is important to note that AFDA is a private institution and does not receive any ﬁnancial support or subsidy from the state. The demands and rigour of a student-centred curriculum and environment necessitate extensive ﬁnancial investment into developing the facilities, upgrading equipment, production costs and maintaining and recruiting highly specialised staﬀ.
- Note: Variable and personal costs (travel, meals, communication and stationery) for project-related consumables are for the cost of the student.
- AFDA oﬀers an educational program in which a signiﬁcant portion of a student’s learning is achieved through the making of a ﬁlm, tv or stage production etc. Students will have access to the equipment needed to realise their outcomes within the parameters of the curriculum.
- AFDA does not require students to purchase any set textbooks.
- Students are strongly discouraged from using their personal ﬁnances to oﬀ-set production costs.
- Students will be held ﬁnancially liable for willful or negligent damage to equipment and facilities.
- If a student’s fees are paid into the incorrect campus account, an administrative fee of R350 will be charged per incorrect payment.
- Please ensure to use a clear payment reference of Student Number & Surname for every payment made into the account for accurate allocation.
- Kindly submit a copy of all fee proof of payments to your selected campus via email or by physical drop oﬀ at the campus.
- Please note no cash is handled on the premises. Credit cards, Snapscan as well as EFT facilities will be made available on the campus.
FINANCIAL LIABILITY UPON CANCELLATION OF STUDIES – NON-REFUNDABLE FEES:
- The following fees are not refundable under any circumstances:
(3)Deposit and Balance of fees are only refundable if the conditions below are met and adhered to.
DEPOSIT AND BALANCE REFUND POLICY
To apply for a refund, follow the refund policy in the Academic Yearbook.
*If the student enrols within the enrolment window then the Deposit and Balance of fees are refundable as follows:
- 100% if a ﬁrst time student withdraws on or before twenty-one (21) consecutive days from the ﬁrst day of the AFDA academic year.
- 100% if a returning student withdraws on or before seven (7) consecutive days from the ﬁrst day of the AFDA academic year.
*If the student enrols after the designated enrolment window then the Deposit and Balance of fees are refundable as follows:
(1)100% if the student withdraws on or before seven (7) consecutive days from the date of enrolment, which is the date the enrolment agreement is duly signed
A formal withdrawal form must be ﬁlled out at Student Aﬀairs and must be submitted and signed by Finance in order to qualify
Does AFDA take Nsfas? The allocation received from NSFAS is limited and hence the Financial Aid Committee of the South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance (AFDA), who gives financial aid awards, must ensure that as many students are supported as possible while at the same time taking into account financial need.